The Ownership Accelerator
What would your career look like if you bought the right practice?
Chances are you are going to spend the majority of your career working in the first practice you buy. The practice you select will have a huge impact on the trajectory of your career; It will determine your future income, your procedure mix, your overhead and your overall quality of life. This singular decision you make can either set you up for success or present you with unnecessary obstacles. The impact it has on YOUR career is up to YOU!
Any of these sound familiar?
You want to set yourself up for success. You have seen and heard about dentists buying practices and becoming almost immediately successful. You understand that practice selection plays a huge role in your success early in your career. You want to do everything you can to ensure you are successful from the get-go.
You’re ready for practice ownership. You feel like you have outgrown your current situation and are ready for a new challenge. You find yourself wanting practice ownership more and more as times goes by.
Overwhelmed by the process. The process of buying a practice can be daunting. There are a lot of moving parts and a lot of things that need to happen. You want to make sure you are properly prepared for the road to practice owership.
Unsure how to find your ideal practice acquisition. You know its out there, but how do you find it? You feel like you’ve tried every strategy, but haven’t found the kind of practice that makes you excited about practice ownership.
Thinking about doing a start-up instead. You are anxious to get into ownership but just have not been able to find any good practices. You are thinking about giving up and doing a startup. You don’t want to delay practice ownership another 1-2 years but think that your only other option is settling for a flawed practice.
Afraid of getting ripped off. Feeling under-represented as a buyer? With so many buyers and so few practices, buyers can get taken advantage of. You want a way to make sure that you are getting a good deal.
Don’t know what to Look for. Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of information you have to look through. Are you afraid of missing a crucial piece of information and buying the wrong practice?
Do any (or all) of these describe you?
If so, then you are in the RIGHT spot!
“The Ownership Accelerator delivers a mountain of value. This course is perfect for aspiring practice owners who lack understanding about searching for the right practice, determining the proper value of a practice, obtaining financing, and working with professionals such as CPAs, attorneys, and brokers throughout the process.”
– Dallin, See Full Review Below
“Purchasing a practice is one of the biggest decisions that a dentist has to make in their career. Become an educated buyer with The Ownership Accelerator — Your future depends on it!”
– Aaron, See Full Review Below
The Ownership Accelerator was built with you in mind. If practice ownership is in your future and you want to set yourself up for success, this is the course for you!
- Lifetime access! Refer back to the course whenever you’d like! Especially if you are further away from ownership.
- Designed to save you money on professional fees
- Learn how to find, identify and execute the purchase of the right dental practice
- Work at your own pace. There are 12 distinct sections with over 80 videos (over 14 total hours!), taking you from the idea to get into practice ownership to the early stages of ownership.
- We’ll ship you the course manual, its more than 250 pages! The manual allows you to take notes and easily refer back to them.
- Clear action items set you up for success, teaching you how to successfully build your team, find deals, analyze them and execute.
- Bonus materials keep you on track, including written checklists and worksheets to help you navigate the path to practice ownership.
“Having spent a great deal of time and effort in trying to equip myself for owning a dental practice, I wasn’t sure how much the Ownership Accelerator had to offer me. After taking it, I can honestly say I value the information I learned from this course more than everything I knew before.”
– Tyler, See Full Review Below
I want you to take a moment and imagine a world where you…
Buy the Right Practice. You smoothly transition into practice ownership. You bought a successful practice with plenty of growth potential. You begin transforming the office into the practice of your dreams.
Identify the Diamond in The Rough You see a practice for sale that has sat on the market for months. Buyers continue to pass up on it, not able to identify the potential opportunity that exists. You are able to see things differently, allowing you to swoop in and steal the practice. Little do the plethora of buyers in the market know, they missed out on a Golden Opportunity.
Find Golden Opportunities. You are the first one to look at an amazing practice. You have the opportunity to snatch up an ideal opportunity before it gets turned over to somebody else.
Confidently Enter Practice Ownership. No more second guessing if you are making the right decision. Buy your practice knowing you selected the right practice. Then, execute the sale and transition with confidence and poise.
Smoothly Transfer Ownership. Once you decide to pull the trigger, you know exactly what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by. You lead your team to a smooth transfer of practice ownership using your understanding of the entire process.
Yep. It’s all very possible.
“The owner accelerator course is the best resource to a smooth practice acquisition. The course is organized with all the steps laid out so you can narrow down the perfect first practice.”
– Eric, See Full Review Below
“Practice ownership has always been a dream of mine and this course has made me feel like the dream will become a reality sooner rather than later!”
– Ike, See Full Review Below
Section 1: Begin With The End in Mind (FREE)
- Determine your Ideal Practice
- Identify qualities in a practice acquisition based on your Ideal Practice
- The Benefits of Proper Practice Selection
Section 2: Setting The Stage
- Comparing Practice Acquisitions to Start-ups and Re-starts.
- An Overview of Considerations
- Assessing the Practice Real Estate
- Practice Financing
Section 3: Assembling Your Team
- Are You Ready To Own?
- Where to Start?
- Understanding Brokers
- Assembling Your Team
- A general overview of an acquisition timeline
Section 4: Dealfinding
- How to Be Successful with Local Brokers
- On-Market vs. Off Market Deals
- When to Go Off-Market to find a practice
- Comparing Different Off-Market Strategies
- How to Execute your Off-Market Strategy
- Interacting with Sellers and proceeding with a sale
Section 5: Market Analysis
- Understanding relevant competition and dental markets
- Understanding Demographic Terms and Terminology
- When local competition matters in an acquisition
- Doing your own Single Site Study for a practice
Section 6: Valuation and Financial Literacy
- Practice Financial Terms and Terminology explained
- What Information You Need for a Valuation
- How to Value Practices
- Acquisition Red Flags
- Sample Valuation Example
Section 7: Valuation Spreadsheet
- Included: An Advanced (easy to use) Valuation Spreadsheet
- How To: Input information into the Spreadsheet
- How to: Read the Output
- How to Calculate EBITDA
Section 8: Analyzing an Opportunity
- How to Compare an Opportunity compared to Your Ideal Practice
- Buying a Job vs. a Business
- Interpreting Financial Information from Practices
- Evaluating the Risk in a particular opportunity
- Estimating Potential Internal Growth Opportunities
- Evaluating the Need and Opportunity for External Growth
Section 9: Anatomy of A Deal
- Steps to Getting a Deal Closed
- Entity Formation
- Understanding the LOI
- Tips for saving money on attorney fees
- Purchase Agreeement
- Real Estate Contingencies
- Additional Considerations
Section 10: Transferring Ownership
- Included: A Transition Checklist of the things that need to be done before and after closing
- Insurance Credentialing (Delta Premier Considerations)
- Transferring ownership of practice property, vendor relationships and software etc.
Section 11: Early Ownership
- How to Interact with Staff
- Dealing with Patients
- Avoiding Potential Issues
- Minimizing Practice Attrition
Section 12: Course Summary and Conclusion
- Putting it all together
- Summarizing and Wrapping up course
“This is a great course for anyone who wants to get a head start on practice ownership. Tons of content that will put you ahead as you try to figure out the next steps.”
– Loren, See Full Review Below
George Hariri is the co-host of The Shared Practices Podcast. George, along with Dr. Richard Low, aid young dentists in their journey towards practice ownership. George advises listeners on how to find practice opportunities and how to analyze them. George has a unique perspective due to his experience as a host of The Shared Practices Podcast and the opportunity he gets to help listeners look at practice opportunities. Through the podcast and dealing with his audience, he has looked at more than 200 practice opportunities all over the country. George hopes to bring what he has learned to you in an organized and efficient way.
Paul Goodman is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Paul has been practicing dentistry for over 10 years and works with his brother in two locations in Mercer County, NJ. In addition to private practice, he is a Director and Practice Broker for United Dental Brokers of America. Paul has purchased three dental practices and is looking forward to sharing his personal experience with the transition process. He works well with retiring dentists in managing the expectations of their patients and team members during the transition process.
Rob Montgomery has been serving the individualized legal and business needs of dentists, dental practices and dental service organizations for over 20 years. Rob has worked on hundreds of dental deals, ranging from practice start-ups to complex practice acquisitions involving multistate practice locations. Rob’s section of the course talks about the contracts and chronology of a dental deal.
David Alvey The Syndication manager and founder of Atlantic Commercial Credit, David Alvey has over twenty-seven years of commercial lending and advisory experience. David discusses practice financing and issues with practice real estate. David also discusses a plethora of considerations that must be addressed in the process of buying a practice.
Brian Pender is the Founder & President of Fairway Healthcare Partners. Previously, Brian worked in commercial banking with the last 6-years focused exclusively on healthcare businesses. He has personally underwritten and managed transactions with more than $500 million in committed financing to healthcare businesses, with billions of successful loan syndications. His background includes extensive experience helping businesses access growth capital, manage liquidity and working capital, private equity buy-outs, and acquisition financing. Brian breaks down the financial concepts and terms necessary to understand practice financials, pro-formas and other reports needed to properly analyze a practice.
“This course has been the best investment for the future of my practice and I don’t even have my practice yet. I have been evaluating areas where I want to practice and this course has accelerated the process.”
– Tyler, See Full Review Below
9 reviews for The Ownership Accelerator
There are no reviews yet.