Nick Colyer – Microsoft AZ-900 Certification: Azure Fundamentals
Welcome to Skylines Academy – your home for the AZ-900 Certification Course!
As of June 9, 2020
Student Reviews for the Skylines Academy AZ-900 Course by Nick Colyer:
“While studying for the AZ-900, I went through three courses (and of course read Microsoft’s documentation). Of the three courses I went through, this one was, by far, the best of the three. Every was super clear.”
“Easy to understand and just in-depth enough.”
“Very clear and instructive modules. Thank you!”
“These videos are straightforward and to the point, I really like the lecturedemo format and Nick has a style that helps connect the information. I’ve recommended Skylines several times over the past few months to co-workers to advance their knowledge as well. Thank you!”
“I think this is a great intro to Azure and helps narrow the amount of material you need to focus on. Very clear, concise and presented well”
Not sure where to with the Microsoft Azure platform? Whether an IT pro or new to the platform, this is exam is exactly what you need to form a solid foundation which will propel you on your Azure journey. The Azure Fundamentals course will provide you with all of the foundational information you need to jump your knowledge of Azure.
During your journey, Skylines Academy will lead you through a series of sections, modules, and demos to prepare you for taking, and ultimately passing, the Microsoft Azure AZ-900 exam.
Lectures will educate you on the fundamental terms and principles of the Azure platform and demos will enable you with a hands-on experience using scenarios to empower you in the real world.
What you will learn:
- Understand the core cloud concepts before jumping into the Azure platform
- Get to know Azure services, including the Azure portal and resource groups
- Learn about the world of Azure compute
- Gain a firm understanding of the important role networking plays in Azure
- Form knowledge around exciting data and storage services: types of data, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Azure Storage, VM Disk Storage, and more!
- Get ahead of the curve with cutting edge IoT, Big Data, and Machine Learning functionalities in Azure
- Understand how identity plays a key role in keeping you and your organization protected
- Grasp compliance, security, and cost principles through the Azure Security Center, Pricing Calculator, and Azure Advisor
This is a course is will give you all the knowledge you need about fundamental services. That being said, the course is non-technical and can be taken by anyone, whether you’re just getting to know cloud concepts and the Azure platform, or you’ve been in IT for years.
While it isn’t required, we highly recommend you spin up a free Azure account for a more hands-on experience.
Thank you for joining us!
Nick & The Skylines Academy Team
Nick Colyer has over 25 years of experience in the IT Industry and currently works as a Chief Cloud Architect for AHEAD, LLC in Chicago, IL.
Day-to-day Nick spends his time educating and enabling customers to adopt cloud platforms in a way that is not only meaningful to their business, but also empowers them for years to come in the IT industry.
Nick is a passionate teacher of technology and is certified as a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Thousands of students have already trusted Nick with their IT training, and his courses routinely receive the highest reviews globally.
Nick often speaks at conferences including AHEAD Azure Innovation Days, VMWorld, the Looking Ahead Tech Summit, as well as tailored briefings for large enterprise companies across the United States.
You can regularly find Nick at community events and on Twitter (@vnickc).
AZ-900 Course Introduction (1:41)
- AZ-900 Course Slides
- AZ-900 Study Guides
- Connect with us and fellow students
- Article: Preparing for Your AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals Certification
Lecture: Cloud Concepts (4:48)
- Lecture: Elasticity (1:57)
- Lecture: Scalability (1:19)
- Blog Article: Scalability and Elasticity
- Lecture: High Availability (HA) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) (5:23)
- Lecture: Cloud Service Models (5:53)
- Lecture: Cloud Economics (5:27)
- Lecture: Cloud Deployment Models (7:49)
- Optional Demo: Create Azure Trial Account (7:11)
- Lecture: Azure Core Services Overview (5:19)
Demo: Quick Overview of Azure Portal (10:53)
Lecture: Azure Regions (4:20)
Lecture: Resource Groups (2:17)
Demo: Resource Groups (5:53)
Lecture: Azure Resource Manager (ARM) (3:47)
Lecture: Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) (5:01)
Demo: Create a VM (14:01)
- Demo: Connect to a Windows VM (3:38)
- Lecture: VM Availability (4:14)
- Lecture: Availability Zones (1:49)
- Lecture: App Services (10:09)
- Demo: App Service Plan (4:59)
- Demo: Deploy Web App (6:00)
- Lecture: Containers (4:46)
- Lecture: Serverless Computing (3:51)
- Lecture: Comparing Compute Options (1:51)
Lecture: Networking Overview (3:32)
- Demo: Virtual Networks (VNets) and Subnets (6:58)
- Lecture: Hybrid Connectivity (12:18)
- Lecture: Load Balancers (7:20)
- Demo: Load Balancing (8:01)
- Lecture: Content Delivery Network (CDN) (5:46)
- Demo: Content Delivery Network (CDN) (5:55)
Please provide feedback! (0:34)
- Lecture: Types of Data (2:17)
- Lecture: Azure SQL (4:22)
- Lecture: Cosmos DB (2:57)
- Lecture: Azure Storage (3:47)
- Lecture: VM Disk Storage (7:25)
- Lecture: Storage Account Overview (4:56)
- Demo: Storage Account via Azure Portal (5:08)
Lecture: IoT Services (2:45)
- Lecture: Big Data Services (4:20)
- Lecture: Machine Learning (2:10)
Lecture: Accounts and Subs Overview (6:30)
- Lecture: Domain Services (3:12)
- Lecture: Azure AD (3:12)
- Lecture: RBAC (5:28)
- Demo: RBAC (3:36)
- Lecture: Azure Policy (1:12)
- Demo: Azure Policy (3:42)
- Lecture: Resource Locks (1:17)
- Demo: Resource Locks (2:09)
Lecture: Compliance and Security (7:40)
- Lecture: Security Center (2:43)
- Demo: Security Center (11:40)
- Walkthrough: Pricing Calculator and Azure Advisor (8:02)
- Support Plans PDF
Congratulations on completing the course! (0:48)
- Please take our 1-minute survey and tell us how we did!
8 reviews for Nick Colyer – Microsoft AZ-900 Certification: Azure Fundamentals
There are no reviews yet.