Jeremy Ethier – Beginner SHRED
A simple, science-based guide to drastically drop body fat while building muscle in the right places.
The key to drastically dropping your body fat and creating the lean, chiseled physique your after is by getting into something called a “fat loss” phase or a “body recomposition”.
Designed to drastically lower your body fat while increasing your strength on key lifts – meaning that you’ll be able to simultaneously drop your body fat AND gain muscle mass IF done properly – such that when you do lean down, you’re not simply skinny. You’re shredded.
BUT the problem is – most people in your situation don’t go about doing this properly.
Instead, they’re often doing at least one, or in some cases, all of the following:
1) Not progressing in the gym
2) Severely restricting calories.
3) Performing excessive cardio
Why is this an issue?
Well, let’s with point 1.
When you have a decent amount of muscle you can look good at higher levels of body fat than those with less muscle, simply meaning that; performing the right exercises and consistently getting stronger on them is what you need to prioritize – as this will be the key in you developing adequate muscle mass in the right places.
The problem with point 2?
Eating too little often does more harm than good, especially in the case of someone looking to lean down.
In fact, as shown in this 2009 paper by Redman and colleagues:
“Excessive calorie restriction causes a dramatic drop in your metabolism which prevents further fat loss and significant muscle loss.”
What happens when you throw in point 3 and add excessive cardio into the mix?
Well, it just worsens the whole problem. Since we know based on this 2011 meta-analysis from the Journal of Strength and Conditioning research:
“The more cardio an individual performs and the longer the duration of each session, the more it interferes with muscle size and strength gains”.
And as a result, you end up at virtually the same body fat you ed out at but with less muscle, AKA the “skinny fat” body type.
BUT, on the other hand, when the right methods are used… here’s what happens.
Two students of mine that went from where they were — a similar boat as you’re likely in now — all the way to where they are now.
1) Used a set of science-based key lifts and prioritized progressing them in order to develop muscle mass in the right places.
2) Ate the optimal amount of calories and macronutrients to lean down without sacrificing muscle in the process.
It really is that simple. And in my course, Beginner SHRED, I’ll show you the exact simple yet effective science-based protocols those 2 students (and many more) used to attain the lean, chiseled physique they’ve always desired.
The Built with Science approach is to maximize the time you spend in the gym and with your nutrition. Jeremy’s obsession with research and how it can be used to provide an optimized way of transforming your body is what ultimately led him to create his courses. His approach will help you become leaner AND stronger – in the most effective way possible.
A Really Important Video, Downloads, & Links (8:36)
- Program Overview
- 3-on-1 BWS Coaching
Nutrition: The Basics
- Nutrition Tracking: The ULTIMATE Nutrition Spreadsheet (2:44)
- Nutrition Tracking: How and Why to Count Calories/Macros (3:12)
- Nutrition Tracking: How to Use Your Nutrition Spreadsheet (7:03)
- Diet Hacks: Intermittent Fasting
- Diet Hacks: “Optimizing” Your Nutrition & Supplements
- Fat Loss Plateaus: Overcoming Them
- Fat Loss Plateaus: Diet Breaks and Refeed Days
Philosophy & Logic: Creating Objective Attractiveness
- The Main Workouts: Overview
- The Main Workouts: FAQ
- Progression: Getting Stronger and Tracking It (2:03)
- Strength Plateaus: Breaking Through
- Mind-Muscle Connection: Activating the RIGHT Muscles (3:16)
- Exercise Alternatives: Best to Worst
- Science & Reason: The Evidence Behind Your Training
Warm Up Routine: Optimizing It (2:57)
- Abs Routine: Developing the Midsection (3:23)
- Cardio Routine: Speeding Up Fat Loss (1:26)
- Prehab Routine: Staying Injury Free (3:47)
Chest Exercises (6:53)
- Back Exercises (6:31)
- Arms Exercises (2:07)
- Shoulder Exercises (3:59)
- Lower Body Exercises (7:15)
- Abdominal Exercises (3:23)
Seeing Results: When Will My Abs Show and How Much Will I Weigh?
Tracking Results: Monitoring Your Fat Loss Progress
Transitioning: Moving to a Lean Bulk or Maintaining Your New Physique
- Lean Bulk: Nutrition
- Lean Bulk: Mini-Cuts
- Lean Bulk: Training
- Transitioning: And Now Back to Fat Loss
Strength Standards Defined
Your Weekly Plan (Cheatsheet)
- Mobility Routine (If You Care About Long Term Health!)
- Sample Meal Plans & BWS Recipe Book
- 3-Day Workout Split Alternative
- Full Body Home Workout Alternative (No Equipment)
- Alcohol Guidelines
The Intermediate Program
7 reviews for Jeremy Ethier – Beginner SHRED
There are no reviews yet.