Hal Greenham and Howard Schubiner – Freedom from Chronic Pain
Clinical Director, and Co-Founder of Freedom From Chronic Pain
and Professor of Medicine, and Founder and Director of
the Mind Body Medicine Program
Howard Schubiner, MD
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Release stress patterns, recreate new neural pathways, and unhook from the chronic pain loop to stop your brain from recreating the pain experience.
Find relief from tension headaches, back pain, TMJ, IBS, fibromyalgia, and more through scientifically proven techniques that address pain at its core.
If you suffer from chronic pain, it’s likely holding you back from experiencing life fully — and the joy and vitality you long for…
Maybe you’ve tried various healing methods, such as physical therapy, injections, contemplative practices, or a pain-management program… and you’re frustrated by the lack of success…
… or relief that’s been only temporary.
You might think your pain is due to aging, but it’s more likely due to the pain patterns you’ve lived with for so long…
Recurring and chronic pain influences your neural pathways, reinforcing pain patterns over time.
This pain “loop” often runs long after the original physical injury is resolved — and your efforts to manage or fix it can perpetuate the loop. Even focusing on or complaining about pain reinforces these patterns.
These loops, which reside in the subconscious mind, are powerfully affected by stress and emotions.
For too long, the accepted approach to pain management relied on physical intervention alone, but the truth is, there are complex mind-body interactions at work…
As it turns out, 90% of chronic pain isn’t connected to anything structurally wrong with us — it’s like a habit that our body, mind, and subconscious get stuck in.
We begin to anticipate pain on a subconscious basis and create neural loops that keep it in place…
And it’s not that your pain isn’t real — it very much is — it’s that we can break the neurological cycle that’s producing the pain by working with a consciousness intervention.
In fact, studies show that stressful life events and physical injuries activate the same neural circuits of danger and pain! People with past trauma often have a lifelong heightened fight-or-flight response in the brain… that’s more likely to activate pain when stressful events occur.
The vast majority of people with chronic pain have this more hypervigilant pain mechanism — and most doctors and healthcare professionals are unaware of it.
The remarkable truth is, even if you’ve had pain for years or decades, you can reverse the pain loop by retraining your brain.
Yes, YOU have the power to eliminate or significantly reduce your pain — permanently!
What will YOUR pain-free life look like?
Your life will open up again… as you spend time with friends and family… plan vacations to all the places you’ve been longing to see…
… return to your favorite dance class… resume a creative project… sit comfortably for your meditation practice or contemplative prayer time…
… walk up and down stairs without hesitation… take an all-day adventure without having to worry that your pain will flare up… enjoy nature again and take in the autumn leaves!
Leading pain experts Hal Greenham and Dr. Howard Schubiner have developed a proven method to treat pain at its source — by resolving pain patterns in your brain and body, while also working through difficult emotions underlying these patterns.
Why Chronic Pain Involves More Than Your Physical Body
Emerging neuroscience suggests that all pain is generated by the brain (just like vision, hearing, and all other sensations) in a process known as predictive coding.
The majority of people with chronic pain do NOT have a clearly identifiable structural cause for their pain, according to Hal and Howard. This includes 99% of headaches and fibromyalgia, 95% of abdominal and pelvic pain syndromes, and 85-90% of neck and back pain.
Many other pain and fatigue syndromes, such as CRPS, CFS, RSI, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, and interstitial cystitis can also be effectively treated using this approach.
Once you understand the three aspects of pain — biological, psychological, and emotional — you can retrain your brain to stop setting off the pain alarm, and significantly reduce or even completely erase pain from your life.
The Emotional Roots of Chronic Pain & Understanding the Mind Body Syndrome
Childhood experiences create very powerful reactions in our minds, and these reactions can live on for the rest of our lives. Emotions that are generated when we’re young can very easily get triggered later in life… and — when triggered — set off a vicious cycle known as Mind Body Syndrome (MBS).
Stress and trauma tend to condition your body to overreact to stressors with an exaggerated fight-or-flight response. The strong emotions that are generated in our minds are stored in the amygdala for the rest of our lives, even if we’re not aware of them.
Once MBS is recognized for the role it plays in your pain loop — or even as the root cause — you can apply Hal and Howard’s scientifically proven and holistic method to resolve your pain and underlying issues.
When you join pain psychotherapist Hal Greenham and Dr. Howard Schubiner for a 7-week LIVE training — Freedom From Chronic Pain: Rewire Your Subconscious Mind to Dissolve Pain Programming — you’ll discover an evidence-based approach to stop chronic pain — AND discover techniques to start training your brain to unhook from pain patterns.
In this revelatory training, you’ll discover:
- Relief from pain caused by injuries, back pain, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, and more
- How pain functions and sustains itself in your mind (which doesn’t mean your pain is not real!)
- The radical neuroscience that explains the power of predictive coding in chronic pain
- That stress and emotions activate the pain “alarm,” which generates physical symptoms
- Powerful mind-body practices to help you stop your brain from recreating the pain experience
- How to achieve mastery and a sense of control over your emotions, reactions to stress, and most importantly, your body
- How to pinpoint and shift the brain’s neural circuits of pain
- Why back or neck pain that doesn’t correspond to an abnormal MRI result means you might have MBS/TMS
- How to successfully interrupt the nerve pathways that are producing pain — and reactivate normal, healthy neural pathways that existed before you were in pain
- A deep understanding of the role of your inner child as your essence, the core of your “feeling part of the self,” and how to bring consciousness and healing to this part
- How to create an effective container for healing through supportive practices, therapeutic relationships, and routines, rituals, and more
- How to feel empowered to shift your relationships and return to the life you may have put on hold for far too long
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Weeks
In this 7-week transformational journey, Hal and Howard will show you how to retrain your brain so you can significantly reduce — or even completely erase — pain from your life.
You’ll “get your life back” as you’re guided, step-by-step, through an evidence-based approach to unhook from pain patterns rooted in the core dimensions of pain — biological, psychological, and emotional — and thrive in your new pain-free life.
Greater Connection Through Live Streaming Video
So you can better connect with Hal and Howard and their teachings, all of their sessions will be live streamed on video. This video connection will be easy to use and will enhance the impact of Hal and Howard’s teaching. Or, you can easily connect via audio only, either through the internet or on your phone.
Course Sessions Wednesdays at 5:00pm Pacific
This revelatory course will feature LIVE teachings, interactive training sessions, and experiential practices with Hal and Howard. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you can develop a comprehensive, holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to master these techniques.
Module 1: Diagnosing Your Pain & Unhooking From the Pain Loop (November 6)
In this first week of the course, you’ll begin with the all-important first step: diagnosis.
The pain that you feel in your body is real — and an incorrect diagnosis will stand in the way of you getting better.
In this module, you’ll gain an understanding of how the brain works and learn to apply predictive coding to your situation.
Your body produces pain because it’s manifesting unresolved stress, and under Hal and Howard’s guidance, you’ll look for the links between stressful life events and your pain — beginning in early childhood and continuing into your present-day circumstances and personality traits…
This week, you’ll dive deep into Mind Body Syndrome (MBS)/Tension Myoneural Syndrome (TMS), the powerful phenomenon in which unconscious emotional issues jumpstart a process that causes physical pain and other symptoms…
In this module, you’ll discover:
- Which symptoms and diagnoses are likely to be caused by MBS/TMS (including fibromyalgia, whiplash, tension headaches, migraine headaches — and many, many more)
- Why back or neck pain that doesn’t correspond to an abnormal MRI results means you might have MBS/TMS
- Lessons from powerful research showing that people can experience mild-to-moderate changes on MRI without corresponding back or neck pain
- Exactly why baseline MRIs and follow-up MRIs are NOT useful predictors of low back pain
- What’s happening inside your body when an emotion causes a physical reaction (for example, your face turning red with embarrassment, or a headache after a stressful day)
Module 2: Rewiring Your Brain — How to Unlearn Pain Programming (November 13)
This week, you’ll discover powerful practice to rewire your brain — and help relieve your pain.
Some of the techniques include meditative work, desensitization, graded exposure, reducing fear, taking control of triggers, and more. Over the seven weeks of the course, these techniques will all become tools in your pain-management arsenal.
Now that you’re aware that your brain has developed pathways that are causing your MBS symptoms primarily because of stressful events, you’ll begin to explore how these painful pathways can be unlearned.
In this module, you’ll discover:
- How to successfully interrupt the neural pathways that are producing pain or other MBS symptoms
- How to reactivate your many normal, healthy neural pathways that existed before you were in pain
- Evidence that your symptoms are coming from neural pathways that are changeable — including having symptoms that come and go, or pain that changes locations in your body
- Why adjusting how you think and react to stressful situations can change your brain and its pathways
- How your brain physically changes with the practices you’ll learn, therapy, and the resolution of psychological symptoms (a phenomenon first witnessed in people with spider phobias)
- How you can investigate your symptoms and keep track of the powerful clues your brain is sending you about how to most effectively ease your pain
11 reviews for Hal Greenham and Howard Schubiner – Freedom from Chronic Pain
There are no reviews yet.